Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Amazing Grace

I am a father..
I can't believe it.

I am a father..
I always wondered what this would feel like.

I am a father..
I never dreamed my life could change so suddenly.

I am your father..
And it is absolutely the greatest joy I have ever experienced.

The last week has been incredibly surreal. We welcomed Grace Rose with the rising sun (overlooking Newport Harbor, I might add) at 8:37 last Monday morning. The next succeeding seven days are a complete blur. Between (in no particular order) hospital beds, sleepless nights, hiccups, smelly umbilical cords, black/green/yellow/orange poop, wonderful (home cooked)meals (thanks mom and Carol!!), RCA (rocking chair ass), cheezy baby music, family, mastitis, blissful cooing, sporadic smiles, urine fingers, cabin fever, emotions galore, boppys, binkys, and blankeys {deep breath}... We have been hazed into the fraternity of parenthood.

While it is certainly the most amazing experience ever, and holding your baby girl for the first time melts you to the core, and everything she does is uncharted territory, it isn't easy...but WHAT IS that's even remotely worthwhile?

I am so grateful for:
* God's love and faithfulness
* My healthy baby girl
* The strongest and most devoted wife/mom ever
* Coffee
* Wine
* Support from family
* visits from friends
* messages from facebook
* vibrating bassinet
* 3 hours of successive sleep
* naps
* pancakes in a bottle

No comments:

Post a Comment